Share Your Kindness (S.Y.K) Charity is a non-profit charity based in Sri Lanka launched on 1st September 2016 and officially incorporated on 15th September 2021 (Registration No: G A 00245237). Since 2016, SYK Charity has sought to assist people and communities in need by empowering them with the support, tools and resources necessary to improve their lives and give more hope to live their lives.
Underprivileged school children in Sri Lanka have been vastly impacted by the current economic crisis in the country. Due to unaffordability to purchase staple foods, parents find it increasingly difficult to provide a nourishing meal for their school going kids, which has therefore severely impacted the basic nutrition needs and education of many children in Sri Lanka.
With many school children skipping meals, community kitchen programs have sprung up island wide to provide these children with at least one balanced meal for the day.
In light of above, Share Your Kindness (S.Y.K) Charity is supporting VOVF-Voice for Voiceless Foundation (vforv.org / WhatsApp +94772512374) to raise funds to provide nutritious daily meals to provide nutritious daily meals to school children (Grades 6 & above) who are unable to bring food in a School in Chilaw (Wijaya Katupotha Maha Vidyalaya)
Presently only a selected number of children in this school are being provided meals twice a week by VOVF due to limited funds
Pledge your Support! Together we make a difference!
Average Daily Cost per child*: Rs 150/-
*A single Meal consists of Rice, a Protein item and 02 Curries
• Increase the Number of School Children receiving meals*
• Provide daily meals**
*Presently only 60 children in this school are being provided meals each week due to limited funds
**Meals are currently provided twice a Week by VOVF
Pledge your Support
Our Target: Rs 1,500,000/- to feed these school children daily for at least 05 months
|To provide Meals for the Month of December 2022
||31st December 2022
|To provide Meals for January and February 2023
||31st January 2023
|TTo provide Meals for March and April 2023
||1st February – 31st Mar 2023
Share Your Kindness (S.Y.K) Charity was initiated in September 2016 with the idea of setting up a non-profit charity based in Sri Lanka. SYK Charity was officially incorporated on 15th September 2021 (Registration No: G A 00245237)
s.y.k believes that all it takes is one random act of kindness to uplift the life of a person in need and give some hope in this world we live in. The organization’s mission is inspired by the following quote from the Bible - “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
1) Seeks to assist a person/people/community in need by empowering them with the support, tools and resources necessary to improve their lives and give them more hope to live their lives.
2) Strives to uplift a disadvantaged or underprivileged person or family so as to ensure they gain the ability to sustain and prosper themselves on their own strength.
3) Serve as a channel to engage those in the community who are like-minded and who aspire to make a real difference with their time and resources.
We are here to transform collections into tangible outcomes that can directly help a person or people's lives in anyway.
Past Fundraising Projects by SYK Charity
1. Distribution of Food Rations to a poor Community in Madiwela (2022)
2. "Help Us Help Children" - Supporting the Child Protection Force - (2021)
3. Uplift the Infrastructure and Well-being for the "Welcome Home in Kotte for Patients with Cancer” (2020)
4. Support for a Child's Schooling after the tragic Easter Bombings (July 2019)
5. Providing Safe Drinking Water for a Rural School in Sri Lanka (2017)
6. Donations to Flood Victims in Welivita - Sri Lanka (2016)
To find more about SYK Charity, please visit our profiles on:
The faster the target funding is received, the sooner the school children can start receiving nutritious meals on a daily basis for at least 05 months
8th December 2022 - And we are off with our campaign, really looking forward to your support!
Update - 26th February 2023 - It is the first week back to school after a month long vacation!....and we are happy to see 100 kids once again having their daily nutritious meals once again. The school alternates DAILY the proteins with egg/chicken/dry fish.
These selected school children are some of the poorest and underprivileged in this school.
Thank you for your generous donations received to-date. Please continue to share our fundraiser with those willing to help. Photos taken: 23rd and 24th February 2023
Contact details for further inquiries
Founder and Director
Share Your Kindness (S.Y.K) Charity
(Registration No: G A 00245237)
“Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” - Philippians 2:4